Had N8 for a week. Have issues with getting a clean complete sync from Outlook to phone. On Calendar it now states that 24 Dec is Summer Bank Holiday in the UK!!
Already logged call with Nokia and their answer was to uninstall Ovi Suite, run PC Suite Cleaner, and reinstall Ovi Suite. For benefit of others & hopefully some advice for me here is the saga. I did the following:
1. I uninstalled Ovi Suite.
2. I uninstalled PC Suite.
3. I uninstalled any software that had the word Nokia or Ovi in the title.
4. I ran a registry cleaner.
5. I ran the PC Suite Cleaner.
6. I restarted my machine.
7. I ran the registry cleaner again just to be sure.
8. I then installed Ovi Suite v3.
9. I checked for Updates within Ovi Suite and found none.
10. I deleted all Contacts in my Ovi.com account - a painful task at a maximum 29 per time (it didn't like 30) as I had 2630 recorded.
11. I deleted all Contacts on my N8.
12. I (yet again) edited my Outlook 2007 files from 2841 down to 1087. The difference had been due to the previous screw ups with Ovi Suite.
With a fresh install of Ovi Suite, an empty Ovi.com account, and an empty Contacts list on my N8 I expected the sync to send 1087 Outlook contacts to all 3. Instead I got the following message:
723 contacts deleted from Outlook - WHY?
1087 updated to Ovi.com - appeared to be a success but when I check Ovi.com my account only has 353 records.
2488 moved to deleted Contacts - from Where?
37 updated to Ovi Suite - Why on a clean install?
337 updated to Device - why not 1087? Or 353?
I also had 31 Sync conflicts.
But when I checked my Outlook contacts had gone down from 1087 to 364. I have manually recovered them in Outlook.
I daren't try and sync the Outlook Calendar. Any clues on Contacts issue first?