Ive had an iphone 4 for a year now, an iphone 3g a year before that.
every phone i had before that was a nokia.
when the N8 came out i thought it was overpriced, but now prices are more attreactive.
My N8 arrives 3 days ago.
it looks mint, the camera is brill, using the phone is ok.
then im struggling.
i hope APPLE ( blast them) havent made the iphone so good, so easy to use that my nokia days are over before they have begun.
major things im struggling with the N8
1) battery life ( whats the point of having a widget facility if it just drains the battery and ruins the experience)
2) FLASH . I know the iphone doesnt use this, but youdont realise how many sites you cant access with nokia default or opera browser on the n8.
3) WIDGETS, as above, whats the point of having a petrol guzzling car that does top speeds if you dont want to spend the money to run the thing.
it just seems idiotic to me, bang in loads of facilities , but it doesnt matter that they are not practical.
4) universal support for all apps.
years ago when a computer game was released, the same title would be on, zx spec, c 64, amstrad, etc, now it seem as though the s60 is an afterthought and not priority.
Things im living with.
1) the camera, no need to say any more
2) email, messaging, the phone all ok.
3) ovi store, i find this easier than android market.
4) 48gb of memory
5) qwerty keyboard is nice to use
overall im a bit worried.
i was planning to sell my iphone 4 to generate some much needed cash, but im just not sure.
im not bothered about every bell and whistle.
there are some standards though in life that are hard to live without now
i really hopw apple is not on the list over nokia, it would be a shame.