ok NaviFirm + can do the job.
but how to use it. should I use Nokia Care Suite or Production External.
also if I want it unbranded should I use Country variant and if I want it branded to one should I only download the files that is selected from the beginning or should I select all and download.
And what does this FW mean
I have an Silver_White branded could this do it unbranded.
This is easy.. I've updated my n8 to belle yesterday using navifirm and phoenix (because belle is not yet available for my n8 (it's a swap variant). I'll give you some tips but not the complete instructions. (the complete instructions you can find by searching google).
1. You have to download and install navifirm.
2. In navifirm, you have to select your phone, then select the belle firmware, (111.030.0609), then select variant i think. I've selected my country (it says belle for n8-blue is already available)
3. Then download all the files needed (there is a button, "download from iFire" i think.)
4. You have to put all files in a folder (RM-596 i think)
5. Then you install phoenix, copy that folder into some directories where phoenix is installed. (can't remember which folder you should put it.. just search google (dailymobile.se)
6. Then you may encounter error like "Neither DP1.0 or DP2.0...", just search dailymobile.se again for the fix (i think you have to enter product location somewhere in the config of phoenix.
7. Then you connect your phone to USB, then you follow instructions for ("Making and flashing your CFW for S^3 devices" (still in dailymobile.se), just skip the part where you have to use nokia cooker and NFE Core 2 (calibration).
8. I used phoenix installed in a WinXP virtual machine (vmware fusion running on mac os x).
9. Additional tip, phoenix will tell you to turn off your phone for at least 8 seconds, disconnect the cable, then reconnect and hit the retry button. Sometimes, flashing would fail. So as soon as you plug your phone into the usb, you have to hit retry button right away in order for the phoenix to work.
10. That's it.. you're done. You will now see the giant Music Player widget once you swipe to another home screen on your fresh N8 symbian belle installation.
11. The next step is for you to jailbreak (I used norton method. ) just google search again.
* n8b0y back to work
P.S. Don't forget to backup your contacts, images, documents, etc. using nokia suite.